Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Glimpse of Erika

I want to tell you a story…

On Monday of this week I realized that I had lost my passport (and I was leaving the country on Friday). Of course, I panicked. I completely lost the ability to think rationally and logically. But Erika was there – she made phone calls, trawled the internet, searched for answers and options all day long while I searched for my passport. She kept me updated via text, email and phone calls. She was beyond supportive. Even yesterday morning, the morning after her house fire, she wrote to ask how my passport appointment had gone.

That is but one illustration of the kind of person Erika is. I write to you in the early morning hours, way past my bedtime, but I wanted to let you that last night we raised over $2,200 for our friend. On behalf of Erika and her family, I want to thank all of you who contributed.

But today is a new today. And today we’re feeling ambitious. We want to raise another $2,000 by tonight.  Now it’s time to be there for the one who has always helped others. Please give as you feel comfortable. $5, $10, $15 or $50. It all adds up.

Thanks again for all your support - this community is, and continues to be, incredible.

Love,
Maggy and Alice

4 comments:

  1. My donation may be small, but my prayers are BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela,
    Thank you for donating - every dollar helps! And thank you for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always warms my heart to see the blogging community rally around those in times of need. I just discovered Ivory Hut because of this fire and the tweets, and already love her blog and her spirit. I hope you reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made a small donation already but I hope to be able to give more in the coming days/weeks. It is wonderful to see this kind of outpouring of support when someone in our community goes through such a tragedy.

    ReplyDelete